Academic Proposal WritingPosted by in Essay Writing Tips
What is an academic proposal? It is a type of writing that serves as the preliminary paper to creating a major project, such as a thesis. Its purpose is to convince the reader (an admission committee or a professor) that the topic chosen for the research is worth to be developed. The aim of the academic proposal is to indicate a scheme of revealing the topic and show theoretical positioning of the project.
Each academic proposal should include:
- A rationale for the choice of the topic, highlighting why it is crucial within the discipline. Indicate only those aims that you will definitely achieve;
- A review of the related literature. Show the already made achievements in the course you are covering and explain what you are going to explore in the frame of your work;
- An outline of the methodology and approach you are going to take. Materials, approximate deadline and possible costs should also be mentioned.
However, you should be aware that various courses have various requirements for academic proposal writing. Ask your supervisor about the expectations and points to be included in your proposal. Anyway, one of the most important issues to be strengthened is your research question. What help the reader to interpret the proposal easily are headings, visuals and lists.
Here are some tips for creating a comprehensive academic proposal:
- Explain why your idea will have a great contribution to the field of studying and show how you are going to implement it technically – through the method and topic;
- Do your best to ensure the reader that you are capable of solving all possible difficulties;
- Confidence, deep knowledge and eagerness will persuade the supervisor that the proposal is worth his attention.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.